Hello everyone!! Since we are approaching Thanksgiving, I thought I would make a list of all (or some) of the things I thank God for. I have currently been reading a book about some missionaries to Africa, and God has showed me how truly blessed I am. So here is my list.
1. Above all else, I am thankful for Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for his love and mercy. I am thankful that though I deserve nothing but hell, he has given me eternal life through his blood.
2. I am thankful for the Bible. I am so thankful that I have one that I can pick up and read at any time. So many people who would love to have one can not, or are forbidden to read it.
3. I am so thankful for my wonderful, godly parents. I am so blessed to have Christian parents to love and guide me. I love them so much and never doubt their love for me.
4. I am so thankful to have such wonderful siblings. I love beings the oldest daughter, and having eight younger siblings. I LOVE little kids! I also love my wonderful older brother! Siblings really are your best friends.
5. I am so thankful for all of my family members!
6. I am thankful for a church.
7. I am thankful for a house, a car, clothes, food, and all of the things God has blessed me with that I often take for granted.
8. I am so thankful to be home schooled, and that I have been all my school years!
9. I am thankful for the little things we take for granted such as air conditioning. Our air conditioner is broken and a month ago I had to sleep with it being 90 degrees. After one night of a Charleston summer night with no a.c, trust me, you will love your air conditioner (at least I do!) I know that is really nothing compared to some places around the world.
10. I am glad for water to drink, bathe, wash clothes and dishes in and so on. Hundreds of people die each year because they don't have clean water.
11. I am thankful for doctors who know so many things about the body and medicine.
12. I am thankful God made the world so beautiful. All of creation is evidence for God. There is no going around that fact. This world is defiantly not here by chance!
13. Tasty foods and deserts! (Don't laugh at me mom and dad!) They know me well, and know I like yummy foods! I wonder who I got that sweet tooth from;))
2. The holidays!
14. Wonderful scents! I love the smell of spices, herbs, flowers, breads, pies, treats baking in the oven, soups and roasts in the crock pot.
15. Drinks like apple cider, hot chocolate, and coffee!
16. As all bibliophiles, I am glad I have books!
17. I love animals !
18. Golden sunrises and sun sets.
19. Staring into my sweet baby brothers big blue, bug eyes! I call them that because they are so large for his face. He is so adorable!
20. I love it that my baby sister, who is nearly two, is totally my girl! I love hearing her call my name in her sweet (loud) voice, "Pate!! Pate, where are you?" Or, "Pate, I want dis!" Some times it can be just a bit annoying, but I would much rather hear that voice calling my name all the time, than it not calling me at all!
21. I love having long talks with my brother, or mom and dad.
22. I love talking with my little sisters.
12. I love looking into the star filled night and being filled with wonder at the awesomeness of Gods creation.
24. I also love reading all the wonderful blogs.
25. I love getting up early to read my Bible and pray.
26. I also love it when I wake up in the middle of the night and can just feel that God is near me. When I do wake up, I always think of the verse that says God sings over us in the night. How wonderful that thought is!
Wow, that is pretty long! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families!
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."