Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Have Thine Own Way Lord

  1. Have Thine own way, Lord,
      Have Thine own way;
    Thou art the Potter,
      I am the clay.
    Mould me and make me
      After Thy will,
    While I am waiting,
      Yielded and still.   
  2. Have Thine own way, Lord,
      Have Thine own way;
    Search me and try me,
      Master, today.
    Whiter than snow, Lord,
      Wash me just now,
    As in Thy presence
      Humbly I bow.
  3. Have Thine own way, Lord,
      Have Thine own way;
    Wounded and weary,
      Help me, I pray.
    Power, all power,
      Surely is Thine,
    Touch me and heal me,
      Savior divine.
  4. Have Thine own way, Lord,
      Have Thine own way;
    Hold o'er my being
      Absolute sway.
    Fill with Thy Spirit
      Till all shall see
    Christ only, always,
      Living in me.

      This is a really pretty hymn I found in our hymn book. I don't know the tune to it, but I still love the words; especially the first stanza. I just thought I would share it with you. Have a blessed summer day,
     Peyton

2 comments:

  1. I love that song, Peyton! I am glad that you had it on here!
    Blessings,
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peyton,

    That's a beautiful song! We sing it at church sometimes. :)

    That's neat that you're in NC right now. Thank you for letting me know! :)

    <3 Moriah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my Blog! I love reading your thoughts,they brighten my day!! But please keep them sweet and Christlike! Love your Sister in Christ,~Peyton~

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.
~Proverbs 25:11